The following information is needed to complete the evaluation:
A decision will be communicated to you within 8 business hours. If accepted, your referral coordinator will provide the admission date for you.
- Face sheet
- History and physical
- Consultation reports
- Operative reports
- Lab reports
- Medication record
- Physical, occupational, & speech therapy notes
- Contact numbers for next of kin
I. Sixty percent (60%) of all admissions must have at least one of the following diagnoses (The other 40% only have to meet criteria 2 - 7)
II. There must be a physical deficit which impairs performance of two or more of the following:
- Spinal cord injury
- Congenital deformity
- Major multiple trauma
- Fracture of the femur
- Brain injury
- Neurological disorders such as multiple sclerosis and Parkinson's disease
- Arthritis with bilateral total joint replacements
- Arthritis with unilateral total joint replacement and
- at least 85 years old or
- has a body mass index of at least 50
III. There must be an ability to participate in an average of three hours of therapy daily over the course of their rehab stay. (Therapy is scheduled in various time increments and the patient is not required to tolerate three consecutive hours.)
- Activities of Daily Living
- Mobility skills
- Communicative/Cognitive abilities
IV. There must be the potential for functional improvement.
V. There must be a need for twenty-four hour nursing care.
VI. There must be a need for close medical supervision in conjunction with a tolerance of the rehabilitation program.
VII. Patients may have:
VIII. There must be the desire and potential to return home.
- Multi-system involvement
- Weaned from a ventilator 48 hours or longer
- Extensive wound care
- IV and antibiotic therapy
- Need for upper airway management
- Pain management