Brain Injury Outpatient Services
Outpatient Therapy Referrals: 706-823-8504
Located along Independence Drive on Walton’s main campus, the Walton Outpatient Therapy Center’s specialized equipment and services are specifically designed to aid brain injury survivors in regaining function, strength and as much independence as possible.
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy, including VitalStim
- Aquatic therapy
- Pre-driving assessments
- Seating and Equipment Clinic
- Augmentative Communication Services: Individuals with communication limitations benefit from an evaluation with a speech language pathologist to evaluate for alternative communication systems and devices to assist in communication.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: Through our relationship with the state offices of vocational rehabilitation, Walton Options for Independent Living, volunteer opportunities and other organizations, we can guide individuals with brain injuries through multiple options to improve their participation in productive endeavors. Additionally, our neuropsychologists can perform specific testing to identify areas of difficulty for individuals returning to work so that they can proactively develop strategies to compensate for new impairments and promote a successful return to work
- Brain Injury Support Group